The match draw for Real De Banjul in League One on Match Day 14 and a lost for Fortune FC in the second tear have both not made any amends in their league positions.
Real are still enjoying bragging rights on 30 points in League ONE just with a difference of two points with the Armed Forces who are with a game in hand wCAF waiting for the GPA to return home from their CAF confederation engagement.
Fortune lost to Banjul United 2-1 in Match Day 16 of the Division Two League reducing the deficit to two points in between them. Fortune are on 32 points while the capital based second tear team increases their tally to 30 points
|Real De Bjl||14||9||3||2||22||10||12||30|
meanwhile, the GFF Organizing Committee over the period had received protests and further administered suspensions and fines to some players and officials in default.
- On March 8 2017, a protest was received from SK East Bi fc against Brufut United fc, for allegedly using a Real De Banjul player, Mr Edrissa JATTA
- On March 8 2017, Brufut United fc, on the contrary sent a protest against Wallidan fc, for fielding an unqualified player. The player, Mr Ebrima CEESAY, alias EBBA, was said to be on contract with Brufut United fc who are blaming the player for violating player Transfer Rule
The GFF is still investigating the protest and will act on the above matters as soon as possible.
- The GFF had received a Re-appeal by Gamtel fc, regarding player Mr Salifu CEESAY and claiming ownership. The matter was forwarded to the Appeals Committee for hearing
- Bombada FC Trainer Mustapha SAIDY, was suspended for four (4) matches for use of abusive language from the Technical Bench, in their match against GPA fc, at the Banjul Mini Stadium, on March 4 2017
- The Goalkeeper trainer of Brikama United fc, Mr Modou Lamin NYANG, was also handed over a four-match suspension for use of abusive language at the Technical Bench. It happened in his match against against Hawks fc played at the Brikama Box Bar, on March 5th 2017
- The six-match suspension on Gamtel fc player Mr Baboucarr JALLOW was been reduced by the Organizing Committee of The GFF, from six (6) to two (2). The incident was in their match against Marimoo, held at the SK East football field, on the first round
- In the Women’s League Division one, Abuko United fc’s Abbie COLLEY was suspended for six (6) matches, for Violent Conduct and Assaulting an Opponent of Brikama United fc, in a match played at the Manjai Mini Complex. The Abuko United team was furthermore fined D 2, 000 for fans misconduct.
- In the Brufut United fc and Wallidan fc, on March 8 2017, the poor outcome has warranted the O/C to come up with some disciplinary measures:
- Player Mr Lamin Badjan of Brufut United fc received a second Bookable Offence and as a result of that, he was suspended for one (1) match
- Another player of Brufut United fc, Mr Pa Modou JATTA was suspended for four (4) matches for going to the Referees Room after the match and using abusive language
- This time an Officer of Brufut United, Assistant Coach Basirou SANNEH is suspended for six (6) matches for using an abusive language and assaulting one of the Assistant Referees
- In addition to the above, Brufut United was fined D 2, 000
- Also among the latest suspensions, Team Physiotherapist Mr Omar Badjie was handed a two-match suspension for improper conduct. This happened in their match against Steve Biko fc, played at the SK East grounds, on March 11 2017
- As a result of an improper conduct, Head Coach Mr Omar TOURAY of Banjul United fc was suspended for two (2) matches. The incident occurred in their match against BK Milan fc played at the Independence Stadium, on March 8 2017
- In the Women’s First Division League, Future Bi football were deprived three (3) points, two (2) goals and fined three (3) thousand Dalasis for failure to appear in their match against Interior fc in the second round.
- Similar penalties were meted out to Company Ten in the Women’s League. According to our records, out of ten (10 matches, Company Ten was only able to play four (4) matches. The team is really struggling to compete. In most cases, they found it difficult to meet up even with the minimum number of players allowed by Regulations. As at now, it is not yet certain whether they can complete the season.
|Lions of Bjl||16||7||7||2||15||11||4||28|
|SK East Bi||16||4||4||8||6||14||-8||15|